Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The town with the leaning tower

It felt like a must be to visit Pisa. Very famous for the leaning tower and nothing else. Well but also other cities are only famous for one little thing, so it's not a big problem.
Since we left Milan in the evening and arrived late at night in Pisa first we went to the hostel. Cause we spent the last hours in Milan walking around and having this train trip Bernd fell into his bed until we finished our business at the reception.

We got a very nice place to stay at, with several sleeping rooms, in the centre of town, close to the train station and a big room for relaxing and maybe meeting people. In the room I met a nice girl from Miami and chatted with her for a longer time, also helped her setting up her next travels. Too bad that she was leaving next morning, otherwise we could have explored Pisa together.
Next day we started doing what we did the other days before, we got outside the hostel and started walking. And I say, there are many interesting things you might see, so not only a leaning tower.

In the park I had got kind of a flashback to my childhood, during we were walking through. In my childhood we traveled several times to Italy and I can still remember the smell of the pine trees.

Of course our way let us to the leaning tower standing next to the cathedral, there were felt like thousands of tourists around acting in a strange way. Trying to take a picture nobody has taken before. Was quite entertaining looking at them.

And there was the tower, did not look as leaning as I always thought. And no I did not fix it the minute I got there or made some photoshop action on the picture.

Bernd did not like the tower and got mad about it. A famous building and when you get there you feel kind of bored. Well that were his feelings, to get rid of all this anger he did something he should not have done.
It was not a good idea what he did to the tower, luckily we could get out of there without getting trampled to death from the crowd fleeing from the place. And also did not get caught by the police.

So they do not have the famous tower anymore, maybe they now get famous for their ruins of the formerly leaning tower.
Oh and one other thing I got to tell about our stay in Pisa. Before Bernd smashed the tower I got this strange idea to do something special around here. Because some friends started saying to me that I'm like Casanova, I was thinking to try my luck. Don't know if it was just me being nice or the luck sent to me by the African luck arm-band I got, but it worked.





2 comments:

  1. lol..love it.. the tower falling..and er..you are doing well on the kisses thing my friend....!!!
    ..Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon i think you will come back having 1-10 girlfriends in each country of the world hahaha...funny post..love it

    ReplyDelete