Monday, June 10, 2013

Virginia Beach


The last days past by quick. We did not do much traveling. 
Bernd and I stayed at my aunts house, also my mom uncle have been there. Bernd enjoyed the time there. Watching many many new movies on a big TV, hanging out at the couch and doing nothing.
Seems he's really good at it.
I did  not have as much time to rest as he had, I helped my uncle putting on a new roof on the veranda.
So I was working a bit outside, at least we were outside in the sun and it was warm. Only had to make a break on working for a day, because Andrea (hurricane, got some rain) disturbed us all the time.



Yesterday we took the car to get to Virginia Beach to the Atlantic. In the car Bernd got his own special chair and he felt like sitting there as a king. The bad thing about his sit was, that it was to far away from the window, so he always disturbed me and took a look out of my window.




Bernd loved the beach, playing in the sand and sleeping in the sun. I told him that the sun might be really dangerous for the skin but he did not believe me. And as expected he got the worst sunburn you can get. His skin turned completely black and he was so upset and said that he will never get into the sun anymore. At night I carefully filed away the black crust, then he felt much better.
In the evening we walked along the pier and took a look around. There was also a small theme park, Bernd wanted to get into one of this huge bubbles and move along the water, but they told him that he is to small for it and will not get in there. So it seemed not to be a good trip for Bernd, sunburn ... nothing for him in the theme park ... but it changed the next day

Before we traveled back to Washington we went to a Naval base and took a look at some Navy ships. Also at an aircraft carrier. He was so excited, especially it was the USS Enterprise ( no kidding). Bernd started searching the base to find Captain Kirk, did not find him, Spock or another member of his crew anywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment